I bring to you in my hands
forgetfulness
Of the sorrowful hours you have lived, my Love!
And for your sores the balm
With which I cured my own pain.
Of the sorrowful hours you have lived, my Love!
And for your sores the balm
With which I cured my own pain.
My gestures are like Sorrento waves...
In my name I bring the letters of a flower...
It was from my blue-green eyes that a painter
Borrowed the light to paint the wind...
In my name I bring the letters of a flower...
It was from my blue-green eyes that a painter
Borrowed the light to paint the wind...
I give you what I have: the sleepy
star,
The mantle of late twilight,
The sun made of gold, the throbbing wave.
The mantle of late twilight,
The sun made of gold, the throbbing wave.
I give you, with myself, the whole world made by
God!
I am the one you miss and long for,
The princess of the tale: “Once upon a time...”
I am the one you miss and long for,
The princess of the tale: “Once upon a time...”
by Portuguese poet Florbela Espanca
(translated by me)
(translated by me)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário